The Luxemburg financial authority CSSF has taken action against David Mapley and banned him for a period of 4 years. During this period David Mapley is forbidden to have any position in Luxemburg that requires approval from the financial authorities CSSF.
In a statement the CSSF announces that David Mapley provided incorrect and incomplete information to the CSSF on his declaration of honor. On this declaration you state that all information you provide to the CSSF for approval, to govern a financial entity in Luxemburg is true.
David Mapley had to submit his declaration of honor when he sought to become director of the LFP I structure at the end of 2018. The LFP I structure was subsequently delisted by the CSSF because David Mapley and his fellow directors Tudor Fedeles and Jacques Bossuyt did not comply with the financial regulations in Luxemburg.
As for now we don’t know for which lie David Mapley has been banned. It could be the 30+ bankruptcies on his name, or his alleged directorships in nonexisting companies, or his falsified resume, or maybe his falsely claimed education or the offering of financial products in the US without a permit.
Sure this will be continued in the coming weeks…
1,783 total views
David Mapley actively promotes himself as a trustworthy and renowned fund director on his website. (At the moment offline) “Shimoda Capital Partners” This was how the site looked – “shimoda-ltd.com.” However, the information given on his site is false and misleading. From the 12 displayed funds, six are not existing, and four funds have been dissolved or liquidated more than 15 years ago. One mentioned fund has no relation with Shimoda Capital at all. Only one fund is active but says it has fired David Mapley in 2015.
Emerging Markets Investment Funds
- Shimoda Romanian Fund (RAIF): Non-existing
- Shimoda Emerging Europe Fund: Liquidated in 2004
Investment Funds – Fund of Funds
- Shimoda Russia Renaissance Fund: Non-existing
- Fund of Credit Asia: Liquidated in 2003
- Far East Fund – Non-existing
- Shimoda Capital Fund (RAIF): Non-existing
Investment Funds – Thematic Funds
- LFP1 umbrella fund since Dec 2018, but there is no relation with Shimoda Capital. (delisted by the CSSF and David Mapley banned as director)
- Shimoda Technology Fund: – Non-existing
- Shimoda Kraken Fund: – Non-existing
- Quan Technology Fund: Active (Fired David Mapley in 2015)
- Shimoda US Technology Fund: Deleted in 2003
- Shimoda-Omron Oil Trading Fund: Deleted in 2004
May 2020 the Luxembourg Financial Authorities (CSSF) banned David Mapley for four years in an exceptional act of naming and shamming. David Mapley received the ban because he provided false information to the CSSF.
983 total views, 3 views today