David Mapley actively promotes himself as a trustworthy and renowned fund director on his website. (At the moment offline) “Shimoda Capital Partners” This was how the site looked – “shimoda-ltd.com.” However, the information given on his site is false and misleading. From the 12 displayed funds, six are not existing, and four funds have been dissolved or liquidated more than 15 years ago. One mentioned fund has no relation with Shimoda Capital at all. Only one fund is active.
Emerging Markets Investment Funds
- Shimoda Romanian Fund (RAIF): Non-existing
- Shimoda Emerging Europe Fund: Liquidated in 2004
Investment Funds – Fund of Funds
- Shimoda Russia Renaissance Fund: Non-existing
- Fund of Credit Asia: Liquidated in 2003
- Far East Fund – Non-existing
- Shimoda Capital Fund (RAIF): Non-existing
Investment Funds – Thematic Funds
- LFP1 umbrella fund since Dec 2018, but there is no relation with Shimoda Capital.
- Shimoda Technology Fund: – Non-existing
- Shimoda Kraken Fund: – Non-existing
- Quan Technology Fund: Active
- Shimoda US Technology Fund: Deleted in 2003
- Shimoda-Omron Oil Trading Fund: Deleted in 2004